Skip to main content

Loving one another


1 John 4:20b. ..For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.


The above verse is a very good reminder.   We need to love not only in words but in deeds.

Just visited a brother who was sick.  He could not come for the church meeting as his sickness has handicapped him.  But praise God, I saw the love of the brothers and sisters who take turn to care for him.  To fetch him to the meeting hall and also to read the bible with him.  By so doing, they have strengthened his faith.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

1 John 3:18 Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

I have read from a blog on how to care for one another:

First Thing Is Prayer

If you really love your neighbor, the first thing you will do is pray for them. As a human you are limited in how you can help your neighbor, but God is unlimited in how He can help. The greatest thing you can do for your neighbor is seriously pray for them. God can do more for your neighbor in one minute than you could in a lifetime. But God does not force His blessing on anyone without an invitation. Through our requests in prayer, God is given further authority to work in our neighbor's lives. We have a certain amount of authority in prayer concerning our neighbors, because what they do can affect us.

Be A Good Neighbor

As God's representative He wants you to treat those around you with unselfish love. PHILIPPIANS 2:4 NKJ
4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. MATTHEW 7:12 NKJ
12 "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. ROMANS 13:10 NKJ
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. ROMANS 15:2 NKJ
2 Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification. HEBREWS 13:1-2 NKJ
1 Let brotherly love continue.
2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.

Dear Lord, shepherd our hearts to care for our neighbours.  To pray for them and to help them in practical way.  May your Holy Spirit bring to remembrance the brothers and sisters who are in needs and may we be obedient when your Holy Spirit prompts us to visit them.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New lawyer Darren Tan once spent 10 years in jail PUBLISHED IN ST ON AUG 25, 2014 11:47 AM

I love to hear testimonies of God's transforming works in a person's life.  It encourages me & I hope when I post it here, it encourages you too!    Mr Darren Tan with his proud parents - Mr Tan Chon Kiat and Madam Ong Ai Hock. The new lawyer changed the course of his life while he was behind bars.  BY CHANG AI-LIEN SENIOR CORRESPONDENT Darren Tan, 35, is finally a full-fledged lawyer. He reached that milestone yesterday when he was called to the Bar during a mass ceremony at Nanyang Technological University. It was a far cry from his shaky start in life when drugs and gang activities led to over 10 years behind bars and 19 strokes of the cane. "This is the culmination of what I've been working towards for the last 10 years," he told The Sunday Times. "It's like waking up from a dream and finding out your dream has become reality." His life of crime began at the age of 14, and he was in and out of prison for offences that ...

ASK, SEEK & KNOCK

Below is a sharing by a christian friend:- ASK: I got up early one morning & rushed right into the day. I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray. Problems just tumbled about me and heavier came each task;'Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He said,"But you didn't ask." I wanted to see joy & beauty but the day toiled on, gray & bleak; I wondered why God didn't show me. He said,"But you didn't seek." I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock. God gently & lovingly chided "My child, you didn't knock," I woke up this morning and paused before entering the day. I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.  My friend's experience reminded me of a quote by Martin Luther :  “I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.”

Salt of the earth

Matthew 5:13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. David Wilkerson : Jesus made a definitive statement that we are to be the salt of the earth . Does your life create a thirst for Christ to those around you? Does it provoke a desire to be healed? Can people point to your life and see the full expression of who God is? When we are half-hearted towards God, or in compromise, those around us will not be able to taste and see that the Lord is good. Today God is reaching out His hand to every Christian who is living in sin and He wants to bring you into the victory of the cross. This message urges us that there is a window of opportunity open by God to be salt and light to a lost generation but we, you, must make the break. We are the plan of God for the world. We are the salt and healing for this generation. I like this illustratio...