Skip to main content

Roller coaster ride

Yesterday night, we sang the following hymn:

Stanza 1
He leadeth me, O blessed thought
O words with heavenly comfort fraught
What e'er I do, where e're I be
Still tis God's hand that leadeth me

Chorus:
He leadeth me, He leadeth me
By His own hand, He leadeth me
His faithful follower I would be
For by His hand He leadeth me

Stanza 2
Sometimes 'mid scenes of deepest gloom
Sometimes where Eden's bowers bloom
By waters still, o'er troubled sea
Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me

I have sung this hymn many times but tonight I have a different perspective of this hymn. I just felt that as we start to follow God, He seems to be leading us through a roller coaster ride. Is this part of perfecting our faith in him? The writer of this hymn could say whatever he does, whatever he be, it is God's hand that leadeth him.



In the past, I chose my own path, I will avoid those paths that I perceive as disastrous or not in my favor, however, the more you learn to follow God, He seems to bring you to some paths which you did not want to go. Perhaps this is the only way you can know Him deeper because when we are too comfortable, there is no need to trust God and no need to turn to Him. We can rely on the worldly wisdom to make decision, to live our life without even relying on Him.

The more you are willing to let Him lead you, the more you know who He is, and you will have the confidence that He is always there with you. Perhaps at the end of the roller coaster ride, you will be able to say that you really enjoy the ride with Him because He taught you many valuable lessons and many things about Himself which you will not be able to find in a smooth ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New lawyer Darren Tan once spent 10 years in jail PUBLISHED IN ST ON AUG 25, 2014 11:47 AM

I love to hear testimonies of God's transforming works in a person's life.  It encourages me & I hope when I post it here, it encourages you too!    Mr Darren Tan with his proud parents - Mr Tan Chon Kiat and Madam Ong Ai Hock. The new lawyer changed the course of his life while he was behind bars.  BY CHANG AI-LIEN SENIOR CORRESPONDENT Darren Tan, 35, is finally a full-fledged lawyer. He reached that milestone yesterday when he was called to the Bar during a mass ceremony at Nanyang Technological University. It was a far cry from his shaky start in life when drugs and gang activities led to over 10 years behind bars and 19 strokes of the cane. "This is the culmination of what I've been working towards for the last 10 years," he told The Sunday Times. "It's like waking up from a dream and finding out your dream has become reality." His life of crime began at the age of 14, and he was in and out of prison for offences that ...

ASK, SEEK & KNOCK

Below is a sharing by a christian friend:- ASK: I got up early one morning & rushed right into the day. I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray. Problems just tumbled about me and heavier came each task;'Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He said,"But you didn't ask." I wanted to see joy & beauty but the day toiled on, gray & bleak; I wondered why God didn't show me. He said,"But you didn't seek." I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock. God gently & lovingly chided "My child, you didn't knock," I woke up this morning and paused before entering the day. I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.  My friend's experience reminded me of a quote by Martin Luther :  “I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.”

God is watching

I heard this true story during one of our home meeting. I find this story very touching and decided to put it in my blog as an encouragement to those who are faithfully taking care of their loved one. You are not alone, God is watching our every action. A sister in china shared that while her husband was in coma,she read some scriptures from the new testament to him daily and after each reading, she will pat her husband on his shoulder and say "amen" on his behalf. She did this faithfully for ten years. One day, while doing the regular reading, she suddenly heard a loud "Amen" and it came from none other but her husband. God has honoured our sister by showing mercy to her husband and while he was still in coma, his spirit is still very much alive. It is a good reminder to me not to belittle what we are doing for others. When we have a heart, God will show mercy to those whom we are praying and taking care.