Skip to main content

THE ONE & ONLY WAY

Sometimes, in life, you find that there is only one way that leads to a particular destination. Taking a wrong way will not lead you there. There are times when you encounter a kind soul that direct you back to the right path and finally you reach your destination. However, sometimes, we may not have a second chance.

In the past, when people preach the gospel to me, I always told them that religion teaches people to do good. As long as I do good, I don’t need to believe in a God. But thank God, I still receive a second chance.

Many people know that God is love but not many know that God is holy and righteous. Being a holy God, he cannot tolerates sin and being righteous, the wages of sin is death. The soul that sinned, he must die. But God is love. How to satisfy His righteousness and holiness? His holiness and righteousness cannot allow him to close one eye and ignore our sins.

The Bible states clearly that without shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin. (Hebrews 9:22) Someone has to die on our behalf. Because of His holiness, God cannot just accept the death of anyone for your sin. The Bible tells us that God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16). Jesus is the only appointed way by God. Though He was tempted like anyone of us, yet He is without sin. He is the perfect sacrifice. God cannot accept any standard below what He has set. It is only by accepting Jesus that you are granted salvation.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New lawyer Darren Tan once spent 10 years in jail PUBLISHED IN ST ON AUG 25, 2014 11:47 AM

I love to hear testimonies of God's transforming works in a person's life.  It encourages me & I hope when I post it here, it encourages you too!    Mr Darren Tan with his proud parents - Mr Tan Chon Kiat and Madam Ong Ai Hock. The new lawyer changed the course of his life while he was behind bars.  BY CHANG AI-LIEN SENIOR CORRESPONDENT Darren Tan, 35, is finally a full-fledged lawyer. He reached that milestone yesterday when he was called to the Bar during a mass ceremony at Nanyang Technological University. It was a far cry from his shaky start in life when drugs and gang activities led to over 10 years behind bars and 19 strokes of the cane. "This is the culmination of what I've been working towards for the last 10 years," he told The Sunday Times. "It's like waking up from a dream and finding out your dream has become reality." His life of crime began at the age of 14, and he was in and out of prison for offences that ...

ASK, SEEK & KNOCK

Below is a sharing by a christian friend:- ASK: I got up early one morning & rushed right into the day. I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray. Problems just tumbled about me and heavier came each task;'Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He said,"But you didn't ask." I wanted to see joy & beauty but the day toiled on, gray & bleak; I wondered why God didn't show me. He said,"But you didn't seek." I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock. God gently & lovingly chided "My child, you didn't knock," I woke up this morning and paused before entering the day. I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.  My friend's experience reminded me of a quote by Martin Luther :  “I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.”

God is watching

I heard this true story during one of our home meeting. I find this story very touching and decided to put it in my blog as an encouragement to those who are faithfully taking care of their loved one. You are not alone, God is watching our every action. A sister in china shared that while her husband was in coma,she read some scriptures from the new testament to him daily and after each reading, she will pat her husband on his shoulder and say "amen" on his behalf. She did this faithfully for ten years. One day, while doing the regular reading, she suddenly heard a loud "Amen" and it came from none other but her husband. God has honoured our sister by showing mercy to her husband and while he was still in coma, his spirit is still very much alive. It is a good reminder to me not to belittle what we are doing for others. When we have a heart, God will show mercy to those whom we are praying and taking care.