Skip to main content

SNOW IN KOREA

The reason we decided to spend our holiday in Korea is because my younger daughter has expressed a strong desire to see snow. God is gracious and not only we see snow but we also see snow falling beautifully from the sky. The sight is just beautiful! Thank God!




This reminds me of Psalm 51: 7 "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow." Though my sins which are as red as scarlet, they are made whiter than snow in the blood of Jesus. I enjoyed that the snow is not like a whited wall that is white on the surface but rather it is white all through. Psalm 51: 6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New lawyer Darren Tan once spent 10 years in jail PUBLISHED IN ST ON AUG 25, 2014 11:47 AM

I love to hear testimonies of God's transforming works in a person's life.  It encourages me & I hope when I post it here, it encourages you too!    Mr Darren Tan with his proud parents - Mr Tan Chon Kiat and Madam Ong Ai Hock. The new lawyer changed the course of his life while he was behind bars.  BY CHANG AI-LIEN SENIOR CORRESPONDENT Darren Tan, 35, is finally a full-fledged lawyer. He reached that milestone yesterday when he was called to the Bar during a mass ceremony at Nanyang Technological University. It was a far cry from his shaky start in life when drugs and gang activities led to over 10 years behind bars and 19 strokes of the cane. "This is the culmination of what I've been working towards for the last 10 years," he told The Sunday Times. "It's like waking up from a dream and finding out your dream has become reality." His life of crime began at the age of 14, and he was in and out of prison for offences that ...

ASK, SEEK & KNOCK

Below is a sharing by a christian friend:- ASK: I got up early one morning & rushed right into the day. I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray. Problems just tumbled about me and heavier came each task;'Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He said,"But you didn't ask." I wanted to see joy & beauty but the day toiled on, gray & bleak; I wondered why God didn't show me. He said,"But you didn't seek." I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock. God gently & lovingly chided "My child, you didn't knock," I woke up this morning and paused before entering the day. I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.  My friend's experience reminded me of a quote by Martin Luther :  “I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.”

God is watching

I heard this true story during one of our home meeting. I find this story very touching and decided to put it in my blog as an encouragement to those who are faithfully taking care of their loved one. You are not alone, God is watching our every action. A sister in china shared that while her husband was in coma,she read some scriptures from the new testament to him daily and after each reading, she will pat her husband on his shoulder and say "amen" on his behalf. She did this faithfully for ten years. One day, while doing the regular reading, she suddenly heard a loud "Amen" and it came from none other but her husband. God has honoured our sister by showing mercy to her husband and while he was still in coma, his spirit is still very much alive. It is a good reminder to me not to belittle what we are doing for others. When we have a heart, God will show mercy to those whom we are praying and taking care.