Skip to main content

THE 8TH COMMANDMENT


THOU SHALL NOT STEAL (Exodus 20:15, Deuteronomy 5:19)

On the surface, this seems to be quite an easy commandment for me (Jean) to obey. Or so I thought. To me it's clear and simple - no obvious theft like taking something without paying for it. No taking home things (even for a day) that are plentiful from the office without asking, for example, paper clips. But the LORD showed me a very different and subtle type of stealing that I was not even aware of, and worst, I was doing it! There! The secret is out - no one is immune to it.

This is my testimony. At times I use the internet in the office to do e-filing. After completing the e-filing for the company, I would carry on with checking my e-mails or do some Goggle search for myself. Initially I did struggle with this issue but I convinced myself that since the company has already signed up the Internet package, so whether I use it for my own or for company purpose, the company is still incurring the same expense. So lesson number 1 - do no suppressed the voice of the Holy Spirit. He is a gentleman and will not impose His will upon anybody.

To my horror, the telephone bill for the following month was about $200/- My company has signed up for a much cheaper package and so now the boss was checking how the bill ran up so high. I knew I was in the wrong and immediately confess it to God and asked for His forgiveness. The next day I told my manager that I had been using the Internet but forgot to switch off the modem, which was true. The bill was high because I used it on a Thursday and did not switch it off until someone did so on the following Tuesday. My actual usage was still within the package deal, but the Lord chose to chastise me, for my own good.

Lesson number 2 - resist the devil and he has to flee from you (for I had the choice). Lesson number 3 - always abide in Jesus and His Word. Lesson number 4 - pride. The LORD has since forgiven me and I have learned many valuable lessons from HIM, for which I am always grateful. For the Lord chastised whom He loves!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New lawyer Darren Tan once spent 10 years in jail PUBLISHED IN ST ON AUG 25, 2014 11:47 AM

I love to hear testimonies of God's transforming works in a person's life.  It encourages me & I hope when I post it here, it encourages you too!    Mr Darren Tan with his proud parents - Mr Tan Chon Kiat and Madam Ong Ai Hock. The new lawyer changed the course of his life while he was behind bars.  BY CHANG AI-LIEN SENIOR CORRESPONDENT Darren Tan, 35, is finally a full-fledged lawyer. He reached that milestone yesterday when he was called to the Bar during a mass ceremony at Nanyang Technological University. It was a far cry from his shaky start in life when drugs and gang activities led to over 10 years behind bars and 19 strokes of the cane. "This is the culmination of what I've been working towards for the last 10 years," he told The Sunday Times. "It's like waking up from a dream and finding out your dream has become reality." His life of crime began at the age of 14, and he was in and out of prison for offences that ...

ASK, SEEK & KNOCK

Below is a sharing by a christian friend:- ASK: I got up early one morning & rushed right into the day. I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray. Problems just tumbled about me and heavier came each task;'Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He said,"But you didn't ask." I wanted to see joy & beauty but the day toiled on, gray & bleak; I wondered why God didn't show me. He said,"But you didn't seek." I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock. God gently & lovingly chided "My child, you didn't knock," I woke up this morning and paused before entering the day. I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.  My friend's experience reminded me of a quote by Martin Luther :  “I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.”

God is watching

I heard this true story during one of our home meeting. I find this story very touching and decided to put it in my blog as an encouragement to those who are faithfully taking care of their loved one. You are not alone, God is watching our every action. A sister in china shared that while her husband was in coma,she read some scriptures from the new testament to him daily and after each reading, she will pat her husband on his shoulder and say "amen" on his behalf. She did this faithfully for ten years. One day, while doing the regular reading, she suddenly heard a loud "Amen" and it came from none other but her husband. God has honoured our sister by showing mercy to her husband and while he was still in coma, his spirit is still very much alive. It is a good reminder to me not to belittle what we are doing for others. When we have a heart, God will show mercy to those whom we are praying and taking care.