Skip to main content

The Story Of A Generous Business Partner

I got this story from one email and find it is a good reminder.
One day, a very wealthy man was walking on the road. Along the way, he saw a beggar
on the sidewalk.
The rich man looks kindly on the beggar and asked, “How did you become a beggar?”
The beggar said, “Sir, I’ve been applying for a job for a year now but haven’t found
any.
You look like a rich man. Sir, if you’ll give me a job, I’ll stop begging.”
The rich man smiled and said, “I want to help you. But I won’t give you a job. I’ll
do something better.
I want you to be my business partner. Let’s start a business together.”
The beggar blinked hard. He didn’t understand what the older man was saying. “What
do you mean, Sir?”
“I own a rice plantation. You could sell my rice in the market. I’ll provide you
the sacks of rice.
I’ll pay the rent for the market stall. I’ll even give you food allowance everyday
for the next 30 days.
All you’ll have to do is sell my rice. And at the end of the month, as Business Partners,
we’ll share in the profits.”
Tears of joy rolled down his cheeks. “Oh Sir,” he said, “you’re a gift from Heaven.
You’re the answer to my prayers.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!” He then paused and said, “Sir, how will we divide
the profits?
Do I keep 10% and you get the 90%? Do I keep 5% and you get the 95%? I’ll be happy
with any arrangement.”
The rich man shook his head and chuckled. “No, I want you to give me the 10%. And
you keep the 90%.”
For a moment, the beggar couldn’t speak. When he tried to speak, it was gibberish.
“Uh, gee, uh, wow, I mean, huh?”
He couldn’t believe his ears. The deal was too preposterous.
The rich man laughed more loudly. He explained, “I don’t need the money, my friend.
I’m already wealthy beyond what you can ever imagine.
I want you to give me 10% of your profits so you grow in faithfulness and gratitude.”
The beggar knelt down before his benefactor and said, “Yes Sir, I will do as you
say.
Even now, I’m so grateful for what you’ve done for me!”
And so that was what happened…
He Forgets Where The Blessings Came From
Each day, the beggar—now dressed a little bit better—operated a store selling rice
in the market.
He worked very hard. He woke up early in the morning and slept late at night.
And sales were brisk, also because the rice was of good quality. And after 30 days,
the profits were astounding.
At the end of the month, as the ex-beggar was counting the money,
and liking very much the feeling of money in his hands, an idea grew in his mind.
He told himself, “Gee, why should I give 10% to my Business Partner?
I didn’t see him the whole month!
I..........was the one who was working day and night for this business. I ..............
I........ did all this work!
I ................
I.........deserve the 100% profits!”
I ...............
A few minutes later, the rich man was knocking on the door to collect his 10% of
the profits.
The ex-beggar opened the door and said, “You don’t deserve the 10%. I worked hard
for this.
I deserve all of it!”
And he slammed the door.
If you were his Business Partner, how would you feel?
Friend, this is exactly what happens to us…God Gave You Everything.
Many don’t want to tithe because they feel they own everything they earn.
I’ve got an announcement to make: God is your Business Partner.
And your Business Partner gave you everything.
God gave you your life—every single moment, every single breath, every single second…
God gave your talents—your ability to talk, to create, to earn money…
God gave you your body—your eyes, your ears, your mouth, your hands, your feet, your
heart…
God gave you your mind—your imagination, your emotions, your reasoning, your language…
In the Old Testament, your Divine Business Partner only asks that you give 10% of
your profits.
In the New Testament there is no limit to our giving.
God gave us His one and only Son to die for us on the Cross so that we may have eternal
life....
God gave His all so God expects us to give our all, that is, our lives.
When we love God and understand how much He loved us we will not put limits on our
giving....
we will give over and above a mere 10%.
May God help us all to give generously and cheerfully and watch His blessing flow
in our lives.
God bless you all !!

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New lawyer Darren Tan once spent 10 years in jail PUBLISHED IN ST ON AUG 25, 2014 11:47 AM

I love to hear testimonies of God's transforming works in a person's life.  It encourages me & I hope when I post it here, it encourages you too!    Mr Darren Tan with his proud parents - Mr Tan Chon Kiat and Madam Ong Ai Hock. The new lawyer changed the course of his life while he was behind bars.  BY CHANG AI-LIEN SENIOR CORRESPONDENT Darren Tan, 35, is finally a full-fledged lawyer. He reached that milestone yesterday when he was called to the Bar during a mass ceremony at Nanyang Technological University. It was a far cry from his shaky start in life when drugs and gang activities led to over 10 years behind bars and 19 strokes of the cane. "This is the culmination of what I've been working towards for the last 10 years," he told The Sunday Times. "It's like waking up from a dream and finding out your dream has become reality." His life of crime began at the age of 14, and he was in and out of prison for offences that

He giveth more grace - a hymn by Annie J. Flint (1866-1932)

The author of the poem, Annie Johnson Flint, suffered with arthritis for 40 years. But that terrible affliction did not embitter her. And out of the crucible of her suffering came a new and beautiful understanding of the meaning of guidance expressed in these lovely words: "He giveth more grace" Tonight we sang this hymn and the lyrics are as follows:- He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater, He sendeth more strength as our labors increase; To added afflictions He addeth His mercy, To multiplied trials he multiplies peace. When we have exhausted our store of endurance, When our strength has failed ere the day is half done, When we reach the end of our hoarded resources Our Father’s full giving is only begun. His love has no limits, His grace has no measure, His power no boundary known unto men; For out of His infinite riches in Jesus He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again. The second stanza is experienced by many christians. We always come to a point where our en

A visit to Aeroponic Farm & Mushroom farm

My sister-in-law is a horticulturist and today she led us to a farm visit to the Aeroponic farm in the Kranji Countryside. We set off at 9.45am from Ang Mo Kio & reach Kranji MRT around 10.15am. The Kranji Express Bus will arrive at 10.30am. There is a need to follow the bus schedule else you have to wait for more than 1 1/2 hour. This is the greenhouse also called a glasshouse or hothouse and is a building where plants are cultivated. From Wilkipedia: A greenhouse is a structure with a glass or plastic roof and frequently glass or plastic walls; it heats up because incoming solar radiation from the sun warms plants, soil, and other things inside the building faster than heat can escape the structure. Air warmed by the heat from hot interior surfaces is retained in the building by the roof and wall. These structures range in size from small sheds to very large buildings This is Butterhead lettuce. Their leaves are soft and pliable with loose heads. They can be made into drink.