Skip to main content

Free Will to choose

God created each of us with free will. He did not want us to be robot. We are free to choose but of course there is a consequence if we made bad choices. In the garden of Eden, he set the choices before men. The consequences of the choices are explained clearly to them. If he choose the tree of life, he will have everlasting life but if he choose the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he will face the consequence of death. Everyday we are faced with choices to make. Sometimes we made some good choices and at time we made some bad choices.

As christian believers, we can override all the negative things Satan has planned for us by simply exercising our willpower to agree with God and His Word. Many times we choose to believe the lies of the enemy. We choose to believe that we are too insignificant for God to care. Thus we develop low self-esteem, unworthy and thus no confidence in whatever we do.

But if we choose to believe God's word, we can start to enjoy God's best for our life. In John 4:16 (New International Version) And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. We can trust God's love. He loves us with an everlasting love. We can take a step of faith and believe that we are valuable and God has a great future planned for us!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New lawyer Darren Tan once spent 10 years in jail PUBLISHED IN ST ON AUG 25, 2014 11:47 AM

I love to hear testimonies of God's transforming works in a person's life.  It encourages me & I hope when I post it here, it encourages you too!    Mr Darren Tan with his proud parents - Mr Tan Chon Kiat and Madam Ong Ai Hock. The new lawyer changed the course of his life while he was behind bars.  BY CHANG AI-LIEN SENIOR CORRESPONDENT Darren Tan, 35, is finally a full-fledged lawyer. He reached that milestone yesterday when he was called to the Bar during a mass ceremony at Nanyang Technological University. It was a far cry from his shaky start in life when drugs and gang activities led to over 10 years behind bars and 19 strokes of the cane. "This is the culmination of what I've been working towards for the last 10 years," he told The Sunday Times. "It's like waking up from a dream and finding out your dream has become reality." His life of crime began at the age of 14, and he was in and out of prison for offences that ...

ASK, SEEK & KNOCK

Below is a sharing by a christian friend:- ASK: I got up early one morning & rushed right into the day. I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray. Problems just tumbled about me and heavier came each task;'Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He said,"But you didn't ask." I wanted to see joy & beauty but the day toiled on, gray & bleak; I wondered why God didn't show me. He said,"But you didn't seek." I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock. God gently & lovingly chided "My child, you didn't knock," I woke up this morning and paused before entering the day. I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.  My friend's experience reminded me of a quote by Martin Luther :  “I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.”

Salt of the earth

Matthew 5:13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. David Wilkerson : Jesus made a definitive statement that we are to be the salt of the earth . Does your life create a thirst for Christ to those around you? Does it provoke a desire to be healed? Can people point to your life and see the full expression of who God is? When we are half-hearted towards God, or in compromise, those around us will not be able to taste and see that the Lord is good. Today God is reaching out His hand to every Christian who is living in sin and He wants to bring you into the victory of the cross. This message urges us that there is a window of opportunity open by God to be salt and light to a lost generation but we, you, must make the break. We are the plan of God for the world. We are the salt and healing for this generation. I like this illustratio...