Skip to main content

The cloud is moving .....

Exodus 13: 21-22 "The Lord was going before them (Hebrews) in a pillar of cloud by day to lead them on the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. He did not take away the pillar of cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people"

The Hebrews (Jews) were guided by the pillar of cloud in the day and by the pillar of fire in the night after they came out of Egypt. When the cloud moved, they moved and when the cloud stopped, they also stopped & pitched their tents. It sounds wonderful, isn't it? But think further....

Just imagine a Hebrew family was coming to rest after a long journey during which the cloud had been moving on before them. It stopped. The family also stopped and began unpacking. Dinner was prepared and eaten. Just as the family was preparing to settle down for the night, someone called out over the camp, "The cloud is moving.". The family looked up, sure enough the cloud was moving and reluctantly they struck camp.

(The above is adapted from one of my BSF studies).

Isn't this experience very similar to our experience? When God orders interruption into our lives, we dislike it. He moves and stops when we least expected it. We also do not like God's unexpected and unexplained leading, we want our lives to be predictable, we love comfort zone. I have been there for years, God is very patience with me but I cannot take it for granted.

However, His ways are higher than our ways, all these are meant for our discipline. It is by this discipline, that strong character is formed. Let's be encouraged!!

Comments

  1. This is really a test of obedience.Now the Holy Spirit is with us always - speaking in His still small voice.But do we always hear His voice? Or worse, suppress His voice? So,let's be still and know that He is God

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New lawyer Darren Tan once spent 10 years in jail PUBLISHED IN ST ON AUG 25, 2014 11:47 AM

I love to hear testimonies of God's transforming works in a person's life.  It encourages me & I hope when I post it here, it encourages you too!    Mr Darren Tan with his proud parents - Mr Tan Chon Kiat and Madam Ong Ai Hock. The new lawyer changed the course of his life while he was behind bars.  BY CHANG AI-LIEN SENIOR CORRESPONDENT Darren Tan, 35, is finally a full-fledged lawyer. He reached that milestone yesterday when he was called to the Bar during a mass ceremony at Nanyang Technological University. It was a far cry from his shaky start in life when drugs and gang activities led to over 10 years behind bars and 19 strokes of the cane. "This is the culmination of what I've been working towards for the last 10 years," he told The Sunday Times. "It's like waking up from a dream and finding out your dream has become reality." His life of crime began at the age of 14, and he was in and out of prison for offences that ...

ASK, SEEK & KNOCK

Below is a sharing by a christian friend:- ASK: I got up early one morning & rushed right into the day. I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray. Problems just tumbled about me and heavier came each task;'Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He said,"But you didn't ask." I wanted to see joy & beauty but the day toiled on, gray & bleak; I wondered why God didn't show me. He said,"But you didn't seek." I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock. God gently & lovingly chided "My child, you didn't knock," I woke up this morning and paused before entering the day. I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.  My friend's experience reminded me of a quote by Martin Luther :  “I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.”

God is watching

I heard this true story during one of our home meeting. I find this story very touching and decided to put it in my blog as an encouragement to those who are faithfully taking care of their loved one. You are not alone, God is watching our every action. A sister in china shared that while her husband was in coma,she read some scriptures from the new testament to him daily and after each reading, she will pat her husband on his shoulder and say "amen" on his behalf. She did this faithfully for ten years. One day, while doing the regular reading, she suddenly heard a loud "Amen" and it came from none other but her husband. God has honoured our sister by showing mercy to her husband and while he was still in coma, his spirit is still very much alive. It is a good reminder to me not to belittle what we are doing for others. When we have a heart, God will show mercy to those whom we are praying and taking care.