Skip to main content

POSITION YOURSELF TO HEAR


Hi dear friends, to hear God's voice, we must always be humble and always be ready to hear from Him in whatever way He chooses to speak. In his book "Speak Lord, I'm listening" by Larry Kreider, he listed at least 50 ways!

Learning to discern God's voice takes effort on our part. The Lord wants us to take the time to listen as we open our hearts to hear. He wants us to become increasingly familiar with His voice as our relationship deepens with Him. The more often we meet with God in prayer and talk to Him, the clearer His voice becomes.

The Bible instructs us to make a concerted effort to meet with the Lord, thereby placing ourselves in a position to hear from Him. (Jeremiah 29:12-13). God wants us to acknowledge Him in our life. If we acknowledge a friend, we talk to Him, express our appreciation for Him and recognise His presence in our life.

Imagine your friends not acknowledging your presence when you are together. You try to talk to them, but they completely ignore you. In fact, they talk right over you as if you were not even there. That is how we treat the Lord if we are not acknowledging Him moment by moment. If we do not recognise God's presence in our daily life and activities, it is little wonder that we have troble hearing from Him.

Although we may wish that God would send a glowing 10-foot angel to reveal God's will to us so that we have no doubt it is His voice we are hearing, but God often teaches us through our stumbling attempts of trial and error as we take steps of faith. steps of obedience.

My own personal thoughts:In whatever time, place or condition, just 'sense' His Spirit next to you. Talk to Him softly as though we are talking to somebody invisible. Open our eyes to see Him too. He reveals Himself in nature, people etc. Just practise it, may take quite some time .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New lawyer Darren Tan once spent 10 years in jail PUBLISHED IN ST ON AUG 25, 2014 11:47 AM

I love to hear testimonies of God's transforming works in a person's life.  It encourages me & I hope when I post it here, it encourages you too!    Mr Darren Tan with his proud parents - Mr Tan Chon Kiat and Madam Ong Ai Hock. The new lawyer changed the course of his life while he was behind bars.  BY CHANG AI-LIEN SENIOR CORRESPONDENT Darren Tan, 35, is finally a full-fledged lawyer. He reached that milestone yesterday when he was called to the Bar during a mass ceremony at Nanyang Technological University. It was a far cry from his shaky start in life when drugs and gang activities led to over 10 years behind bars and 19 strokes of the cane. "This is the culmination of what I've been working towards for the last 10 years," he told The Sunday Times. "It's like waking up from a dream and finding out your dream has become reality." His life of crime began at the age of 14, and he was in and out of prison for offences that ...

ASK, SEEK & KNOCK

Below is a sharing by a christian friend:- ASK: I got up early one morning & rushed right into the day. I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray. Problems just tumbled about me and heavier came each task;'Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He said,"But you didn't ask." I wanted to see joy & beauty but the day toiled on, gray & bleak; I wondered why God didn't show me. He said,"But you didn't seek." I tried to come into God's presence; I used all my keys at the lock. God gently & lovingly chided "My child, you didn't knock," I woke up this morning and paused before entering the day. I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.  My friend's experience reminded me of a quote by Martin Luther :  “I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.”

God is watching

I heard this true story during one of our home meeting. I find this story very touching and decided to put it in my blog as an encouragement to those who are faithfully taking care of their loved one. You are not alone, God is watching our every action. A sister in china shared that while her husband was in coma,she read some scriptures from the new testament to him daily and after each reading, she will pat her husband on his shoulder and say "amen" on his behalf. She did this faithfully for ten years. One day, while doing the regular reading, she suddenly heard a loud "Amen" and it came from none other but her husband. God has honoured our sister by showing mercy to her husband and while he was still in coma, his spirit is still very much alive. It is a good reminder to me not to belittle what we are doing for others. When we have a heart, God will show mercy to those whom we are praying and taking care.